With Clearblue Fast & Easy Pregnancy Test , the absorbent tip turns pink to help you sample correctly and clear plus (+) or minus (-) results appear in just 2 minutes.
Over 99% accurate
From the day your period is due.
Can test 5 days early
So sensitive you can test up to 5 days before your missed period *.
Easy to use
The absorbent tip changes from white to pink to show you urine is being absorbed and you can read your clear plus (+) or minus (-) result after 2 minutes.
If you test early and get a 'Not Pregnant' result it is possible that the level of pregnancy hormone may not yet be high enough to be detected. You should test again when your period is due.
More product views
How to use Clearblue Fast & Easy Pregnancy Test
1. Before you begin
Please always read the instruction leaflet carefully before doing a pregnancy test.
If you're testing from the day of your expected period, you can test at any time of the day. If you're testing early, use the first urine of the day.
When ready to test, remove the pregnancy test stick from foil wrapper and take off the blue cap.
Use the pregnancy test stick straightway.
2. Doing the test
Hold the absorbent colour change tip pointing downwards either in your urine stream, or if you prefer, in a collected urine sample for 5 seconds only.
The colour change tip will instantly turn pink, showing that urine has been absorbed. Continue to hold the colour change tip in the urine for the full 5 seconds.
You may wish to replace the cap and lay the pregnancy test stick flat.
Keep the colour change tip pointing downwards or lay the pregnancy test stick flat while you wait for the result.
As the pregnancy test begins to work, you will see blue lines start to develop in the result and control windows. Make sure you wait for the blue control line before reading your result.
A blue line must be present in the control window when you read your result. This shows the test has worked.
4. Read your results
After 2 minutes you can read your results in the result window.
A '+' (plus) symbol indicates your result is 'Pregnant'
A '-' (minus) symbol indicates your result is 'Not Pregnant'
It does not matter if one of the two lines forming the '+' symbol is lighter or darker than the other. The result is still 'Pregnant'.
Read your result within 10 minutes and ignore any changes in the result that may occur after that time.
If the blue line takes longer than 10 minutes to appear the test has not worked, you'll need to do another test.
Frequently asked questions
How accurate is Clearblue Fast & Easy Pregnancy Test?
Clearblue Fast & Easy Pregnancy Test is more than 99% accurate in laboratory tests, when used from the day of your expected period.
When can I test with Clearblue Fast & Easy Pregnancy Test?
The pregnancy hormone increases rapidly in early pregnancy and Clearblue EASY Pregnancy Test can be used to test up to 5 days before your missed period (which is 4 days before your expected period). In lab testing with early pregnancy samples Clearblue gave the following results:
Number of days before the expected period
% of samples from pregnant women giving a 'Pregnant' result
To work out when your period is due, calculate your usual cycle length by counting the number of days from the first day of your period until the day before your next period starts.
- If you have irregular cycles, you should allow for your longest cycle in recent months before testing.
- If you have no idea when your period is due we recommend testing not less than 19 days after the last time you had unprotected sex.
- If testing from the day of your expected period, you can test any time of the day. If testing early, use the first urine of the day. Avoid excessive fluid intake before testing.
- If the result is 'Not Pregnant', and pregnancy is still suspected, refer to question 11.
How does Clearblue Fast & Easy Pregnancy Test work?
When you are pregnant your body produces the pregnancy hormone hCG (human Chorionic Gonadotrophin). The amount of hCG in your body increases in the early stages of pregnancy. Clearblue can detect tiny amounts of this hormone in your urine. (The sensitivity of this Pregnancy Test is 25mIU/ml).
Can any medication or medical conditions affect the result?
- Always read manufacturer's instructions for any medication you are taking before conducting a test.
- Fertility drugs containing hCG can give misleading results (these fertility drugs are usually given by injection, and testing too soon after administration may give a false 'Pregnant' result).
- Other fertility therapies (such as clomiphene citrate), painkillers and hormonal contraceptives (e.g. contraceptive pill) should not affect the result.
- If you have recently stopped using hormonal contraception or are using fertility therapies like clomiphene citrate, your periods may be irregular, leading you to test too soon.
- If you have recently been pregnant (even if not carried to full term) you may get a false 'Pregnant' result.
- Ectopic pregnancy, ovarian cysts, menopause and some very rare medical conditions can give misleading results.
I previously tested ‘Pregnant’ but have tested again and got a ‘Not Pregnant’ result, or my period has started. What does this mean?
Whilst the test is over 99% accurate at detecting the pregnancy hormone from the day of the expected period, it’s possible to get a pregnant result and find out later that you’re not pregnant (i.e., you may later get a not pregnant result, or your period may start). This may be due to natural loss during the early stages of pregnancy, known as ‘early pregnancy loss’, which sadly is not uncommon, as around 1 in 4 pregnancies end in early pregnancy loss. If you do get unexpected results, ask your doctor for advice.
I have used the Pregnancy Test but the Colour Change Tip has not turned completely pink. What should I do?
If the Colour Change Tip has not turned completely pink you may not have applied enough urine. However, if the blue line in the Control Window appears within 10 minutes of performing the test then the test has worked. If no blue line appears in the Control Window within 10 minutes of performing the test, refer to question 7.
I have used the Clearblue Fast & Easy Pregnancy Test but no blue line has appeared in the Control Window. What should I do?
If there is no blue line in the Control Window within 10 minutes of performing the test, then the test has not worked. This may be because:
- The Colour Change Tip was not kept pointing downwards or the pregnancy test stick was not laid flat after urine was applied.
- Too much or too little urine was used. You must sample for 5 seconds. You should test again, using a new pregnancy test, taking care to follow the instructions. You may wish to collect a sample of your urine in a clean, dry container and immerse just the Colour Change Tip for 5 seconds only.
What if I am unsure of my result?
For your result to be ‘Pregnant’ there must be a blue line in the Control Window and a ‘+’ symbol in the Result Window within 10 minutes of performing the test. The appearance of the ‘+’ symbol in the Result Window may vary, however, the lines that make up the ‘+’ symbol and the line in the Control Window should be of a similar width (see pictures A-C).
This is more likely to occur when you are pregnant and you are testing more than a few days after your expected period as hCG levels are higher.
This is not unusual when you are pregnant and you are testing on or around the day of your expected period as hCG levels are still relatively low.
This is still a ‘Pregnant’ result. If you are still unsure of your result, you should wait at least 3 days before testing again, taking care to follow instructions.
For your result to be ‘Not Pregnant’ there must be a blue line in the Control Window and a ‘-‘ symbol in the Result Window within 10 minutes of performing the test. If your result is ‘Not Pregnant’ and pregnancy is still suspected, refer to question 11.
How long will the result last?
The result can be read any time up to 10 minutes. After 10 minutes any change in your result should be disregarded.
My Clearblue Fast & Easy Pregnancy Test says I’m pregnant. What should I do?
If your test says you are pregnant you should see your doctor who can advise you on what steps you should take next.
My Clearblue Fast & Easy Pregnancy Test says I’m not pregnant. What should I do?
You may not be pregnant, or the level of pregnancy hormone may not yet be high enough to be detected, or you may have miscalculated the day of your expected period.
- If you tested early, test again when your period is due.
- If your period is overdue, test again in 3 days time. If this test gives you a 'Not Pregnant' result and you still have not had your period, see your doctor.
- * Can be used 5 days before your missed period (which is 4 days before your expected period). In lab testing, 87% of pregnant results were detected the day before the expected period, 84% were detected 2 days before, 74% were detected 3 days before and 53% were detected 4 days before.