Over 99% accurate
From the day you expect your period.
Can test 5 days early
So sensitive you can test up to 5 days before your missed period*.
Easy to Read
Read your clear plus (+) or minus (-) result after 2 minutes.
Easy to use
The colour change tip turns from white to pink to show you urine is being absorbed and you can read your clear plus (+) or minus (-) result after 2 minutes.
More product views
How to use Clearblue Fast & Easy Pregnancy Test
1. Before you begin
Always read the instruction leaflet carefully before taking a pregnancy test.
If you're testing from the day you expect your period, you can test at any time of the day. If you're testing early, use the first urine of the day.
Don’t drink too much liquid before testing.
When ready to test, remove the pregnancy test stick from the foil wrapper and take off the blue cap. Use the pregnancy test stick right away.
2. Doing the test
Hold the absorbent colour change tip either in your urine stream, or if you prefer, in a collected urine sample for 5 seconds only.
The colour change tip will instantly turn pink, showing that urine has been absorbed. Continue to hold the colour change tip in the urine for the full 5 seconds.
Keep the colour change tip pointing downwards or lay the pregnancy test stick flat while you wait for the result.
As the pregnancy test begins to work, you will see blue lines start to develop in the result and control windows. Make sure you wait for the blue control line before reading your result.
A blue line must be present in the control window when you read your result. This shows the test has worked.
4. Read your results
In just 2 minutes you can read your clear + or – result.
A '+' (plus) symbol indicates your result is 'Pregnant'
A '-' (minus) symbol indicates your result is 'Not Pregnant'
It does not matter if one of the two lines forming the '+' symbol is lighter or darker than the other.
The result is still 'Pregnant'.
Read your result within 10 minutes and ignore any changes in the result that may occur after that time.
Frequently asked questions
? How accurate is Clearblue Fast & Easy Pregnancy Test?
The test is more than 99% accurate in laboratory tests, when used from the day you expect your period.
? When can I test with Clearblue Fast & Easy Pregnancy Test?
The pregnancy hormone increases rapidly in early pregnancy and Clearblue Fast & Easy Pregnancy Test can be used to test up to 5 days before your missed period (which is 4 days before your expected period). In lab testing with early pregnancy samples Clearblue gave the following results:
Number of days before the expected period
% of samples from pregnant women giving a 'Pregnant' result
If testing from the day you expect your period, you can test any time of the day. If testing early, use the first urine of the day. If the result is 'Not Pregnant', and pregnancy is still suspected, refer to question 11.
How does Clearblue Fast & Easy Pregnancy Test work?
When you are pregnant your body produces the pregnancy hormone hCG (human Chorionic Gonadotrophin). The amount of hCG in your body increases in the early stages of pregnancy. Clearblue detects tiny amounts of this hormone in your urine.
Can any medication or medical conditions affect the result?
- Always read manufacturer's instructions for any medication you are taking before testing.
- Fertility drugs containing hCG can give misleading results (these fertility drugs are usually given by injection and testing too soon after administration may give a false 'Pregnant' result).
- Other fertility therapies, painkillers and hormonal contraceptives (e.g. contraceptive pill) should not affect the result.
- If you have recently stopped using hormonal contraception or are using fertility therapies, your periods may be irregular, which may lead you to test too soon.
- If you have recently been pregnant (even if not carried to full term) you may get a false 'Pregnant' result.
- Ectopic pregnancy, ovarian cysts, menopause and some very rare medical conditions can give misleading results.
I previously tested ‘Pregnant’ but have tested again and got a ‘Not Pregnant’ result, or my period has started. What does this mean?
Whilst the test is over 99% accurate at detecting the pregnancy hormone from the day you expect your period², it’s possible to get a pregnant result and find out later that you’re not pregnant (i.e., you may later get a not pregnant result, or your period may start). This can be due to natural loss during the early stages of pregnancy, known as ‘early pregnancy loss’, which sadly is not uncommon, as around 1 in 4 pregnancies end in early pregnancy loss. If you do get unexpected results, ask your doctor for advice.
I have used the Pregnancy Test but the Colour Change Tip has not turned completely pink. What should I do?
If the colour change tip has not turned completely pink you may not have applied enough urine. However, if the blue line in the control window appears within 10 minutes of performing the test then the test has worked. If no blue line appears in the control window see question 7.
I have used the Clearblue Fast & Easy Pregnancy Test but no blue line has appeared in the Control Window. What should I do?
If there is no blue line in the control window within 10 minutes of performing the test, then the test has not worked. This may be because:
- The colour change tip was not kept pointing downwards or the pregnancy test stick was not laid flat after urine was applied.
- Too much or too little urine was used. You must sample for 5 seconds. You should test again, using a new pregnancy test, taking care to follow the instructions. You may wish to collect a sample of your urine in a clean, dry container and immerse just the colour change tip for 5 seconds only.
What if I am unsure of my result?
For your result to be ‘Pregnant’ there must be a blue line in the control window and a ‘+’ symbol in the result window. The appearance of the ‘+’ symbol in the result window may vary, however, the lines that make up the ‘+’ symbol and the line in the control window should be of a similar width (see pictures A-C).
This is more likely to occur when you are pregnant and you are testing more than a few days after your missed period as hCG levels are higher.
This is not unusual when you are pregnant and you are testing on or around the day of your expected period as hCG levels may still be relatively low.
Even if faint this still denotes a pregnant result..
For your result to be ‘Not Pregnant’ there must be a blue line in the control window and a ‘-’ symbol in the result window within 10 minutes of performing the test. If your result is ‘Not Pregnant’ and pregnancy is still suspected, refer to question 11.
How long will the result last?
The result can be read any time up to 10 minutes after testing. Ignore any change to your result after this time.
My Clearblue Fast & Easy Pregnancy Test says I’m pregnant. What should I do?
You should see your doctor who can advise you on what steps you should take next.
My Clearblue Fast & Easy Pregnancy Test says I’m not pregnant. What should I do?
You may not be pregnant, or the level of pregnancy hormone may not yet be high enough to be detected, or you may have miscalculated the day you expect your period.
- If you tested early, test again when your period is expected.
- If your period is overdue, test again in 3 days’ time. If this test gives you a ‘Not Pregnant’ result and you still have not had your period, see your doctor.
- * Can be used 5 days before your missed period (which is 4 days before you expect your period). In lab testing, 87% of pregnant results were detected the day before the expected period, 84% were detected 2 days before, 74% were detected 3 days before and 53% were detected 4 days before.