Proven to increase the chances of getting pregnant by 89%1
The Clearblue Advanced Fertility Monitor is the only monitor that tracks and stores fertility and pregnancy information. It accurately tracks the levels of 2 key fertility hormones (estrogen and luteinising hormone) and identifies your fertility window each cycle when your chances of conception are highest (the few days before and when you are ovulating)…..then you can test for pregnancy to see if you have been successful.
Proven to increase the chances of getting pregnant naturally by 89%1
In a study, women using the Clearblue Fertility Monitor had almost double the chances of conceiving compared with those not using the monitor.
Shows both High and Peak fertility days
The monitor reads the simple urine tests to track your personal hormone levels and is designed to identify all of your High and Peak fertility days. It helps you find more fertile days than with any standard LH only ovulation test, so you have more opportunities to get pregnant each cycle.
Easy to use touch screen
The simple touch screen tells you which days you need to do urine tests and allows you to set an alarm as a reminder. You can also indicate when you’ve had sex on a calendar and view all of your personal fertility information for the past 6 menstrual cycles on one screen.
Daily personal fertility status
By reading your individual hormone levels, the monitor will show your personal fertility status as Low, High or Peak each day, so you can plan ahead and maximise your chances of getting pregnant naturally.
Test for pregnancy with the monitor
The new Clearblue Advanced Fertility Monitor enables you to do pregnancy tests. You can test for pregnancy from 3 days before your period is due2. The monitor will estimate when this is, so you can find out as soon as possible if you have conceived.
Which sticks you can use with Clearblue Advanced Fertility Monitor
- Clearblue Advanced Fertility Monitor
- Clearblue Advanced Fertility Monitor
More product views
What do other people think ?
"After a year of trying to conceive I bought the CB Fertility Monitor, I got pregnant at my first cycle using it and had a son. I then used it again when we were trying for number 2 – I got pregnant on the 2nd cycle and had my daughter in May! Thank you Clearblue – best money I ever spent!"
"I just wanted to say, that I think this product is amazing, I used it after struggling to conceive for 4 years. I am now using it again to help with conceiving baby no:2. thank you so much."
I am very satisfied of using the Clearblue product. I must say that I was trying to be pregnant normally for 9 months with no results. After the 9 months passed it came from my mind to continue my efforts by making IVF. At the same moment I was informed from an internet site about Clearblue Fertility monitor and it looked very interesting so I decided to give a last chance to a normal pregnancy than an IVF. I ordered it through a foreign internet site, because I couldn’t find it in Greece. I used it and followed its results and I am very happy to announce to you that at this moment I am 10 weeks pregnant and I informed most of my friends how helpful and simple were to use this product and also that it worth the money!" "I tried everything and I think that Clearblue fertility monitor is a very smart product and I think that it will help and other women as it helped me."
I bought a CBFM and we got pregnant the 1st attempt :-) My cycles are not your typical 28 days, they vary from 32 - 35 so my husband and I didn't really know when I was ovulating. The CBFM worked wonders - thank you ! I also bought the CB PLUS tests and they showed positive 2-4 days before my period was due. Roll on April for our little bundle of joy to arrive !! Thank you :-)
CB Fertility Monitor: Just wanted to thank you for an excellent product. We tried 3 years to conceive, then we used Clearblue fertility monitor to help us find the right time in the month to try and conceive. Now we have a wonderful child! Thanks again for a wonderful device!
How to use Clearblue Advanced Fertility Monitor
1. Before you begin
- Always read the instructions on the pack and in the booklet carefully before use
- Check that the monitor is suitable for you – click here
- Set up the monitor and then wait for your next menstrual cycle to begin before setting a new cycle and your testing window - your testing testing window is a 6 hour period in which you will be able to test with the first urine of the day.
- Always start your cycle with enough fertility tests from the same LOT for at least 10 tests
- Only use each test once and never after the expiry date stated
- Only test for fertility when the monitor shows the test day screen and always within your testing window.
- You can test for pregnancy once a day during your testing window on any day of your menstrual cycle.
- If you get an error you may test again using a new test.
2. Doing the test
You test in the same way whether you are testing for fertility or pregnancy. Make sure you use the right test. Fertility tests are in purple foil and pregnancy tests are in white foil.
- Switch on your Clearblue Advanced Fertility Monitor every morning during your testing window to see if you should do a fertility test
- You must always use the first urine after your longest sleep
- When you are ready to test, remove a test from its foil wrapper and use it straight away
- Put just the absorbent tip pointing downwards into your urine stream for 3 seconds only
- Or, collect a sample of your urine in a clean, dry container and put just the absorbent tip into the urine, as shown, for 15 seconds only
- Keeping the test pointing downwards, pull the cap off the handle and place it over the absorbent tip. Wipe any excess urine off the test.
- Immediately insert the test, as shown, into the monitor’s test slot and place on a flat surface
3. Wait for 5 minutes
- Wait for 5 minutes. The screen will switch off after 1 minute, the monitor will continue to analyse the test. The test light will flash during testing.
- Once testing has finished, an alarm will sound. If the monitor is off, switch it back on. The screen will ask you to remove the test before displaying the result. Throw the test away with your normal household waste. Never reuse a test.
4. Read your results
Your estrogen and luteinising hormone (LH) levels are low.
You are unlikely to get pregnant from unprotected sex today.
When the monitor has detected a rise in your level of estrogen it will display High. On subsequent days the monitor looks for your LH surge. It will continue to display High until your LH surge is detected and Peak is displayed. You need to keep testing as requested by the Monitor. High is also displayed the day after your 2 Peak days. Every woman’s cycles are unique and hormone patterns differ, so the number of High days you see will be personal to you. If you see more High days than expected refer to the FAQs.
When your LH surge is detected the Monitor will display Peak.
You will see Peak displayed for 2 consecutive days. You are at your most fertile time the day of the LH surge and the day after (normally the day of ovulation).
Occasionally, some women have an LH surge that is too low for the Monitor to detect or they do not ovulate in a cycle and therefore they don’t see Peak. This is not unusual and may happen in approximately 8% of cycles. If you do not see Peak for 3 consecutive cycles, we recommend you discuss this with your doctor.
Have intercourse on High and Peak days to maximise your chances of getting pregnant naturally.
Pregnant / Not Pregnant
If you have used the Monitor to test for pregnancy, your result will be displayed. The Monitor is over 99% accurate at detecting pregnancy from the day your period is due. Your results will also be shown on the calendar screen.
Frequently asked questions
💡 Is the Clearblue Advanced Fertility Monitor right for me?
The Clearblue Advanced Fertility Monitor is suitable for women whose cycles normally last between 21 and 42 days. If your cycles are always shorter than 23 days or always longer than 37 days it may not detect your LH surge. To work out how long your cycle is note the day your period starts (first day of full menstrual flow) as day 1, and then count through to the day before your next period starts. The total number of days is your cycle length.
There are certain medical conditions and medications that can affect your fertility result. You may get misleading results if you:
• have experienced menopausal symptoms, e.g. night sweats, hot flushes
• have polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
• have impaired liver or kidney function
• are pregnant, or have recently been pregnant (even if not carried to full term)
• are using hormonal treatments, e.g. hormonal contraception, fertility treatments, hormone replacement therapy
• are using any other treatments which may affect your cycle
• are taking antibiotics containing tetracyclines. Once you have finished your treatment you can start using the Clearblue Advanced Fertility Monitor at the beginning of your next cycle
You are advised to wait until you have had at least 2 natural menstrual cycles in a row (both lasting 23 - 37 days) if you have recently been:
• breast feeding
• using hormonal contraception or treatments
• using any other treatment which may affect your menstrual cycle
• pregnant (even if you have not carried to full term)
Always read the manufacturer’s instructions for any medication you’re taking before using the Clearblue Advanced Fertility Monitor.
Some medications are contra-indicated in pregnancy. We recommend that you consult your doctor if you are taking any medication before you try to get pregnant.
If you use the monitor to test for pregnancy there are certain medical conditions and medications that can affect this result – see Pregnancy Testing Question: "Can any medication or medical conditions affect the results?".
Please Note: There are no products available that can guarantee success in achieving pregnancy. The Clearblue Advanced Fertility Monitor is designed to help you become pregnant and should NOT be used for contraception. Some medications are contra-indicated in pregnancy and we recommend that you consult your doctor if you are taking any medication before you start trying to conceive. Couples with medically diagnosed fertility difficulties should consult their doctor before using this product.
📌 How accurate is the Clearblue Advanced Fertility Monitor?
The Clearblue Advanced Fertility Monitor has been shown in laboratory testing to be 99% accurate in detecting the LH surge in cycles in which an LH surge had also been identified by a reference method.
I forgot to set up a new cycle the day my period started. What should I do?
You must set up a new cycle between day 1 and day 4 of each cycle.
To set up a new cycle, press (you can download a full instruction booklet and see page 9 to find out how to set up a new cycle.)
If you have not set up your new cycle by day 4, you should wait until your next period starts and set up a new cycle then.
My monitor has displayed more than 10 High days / more high days than expected. Why is this?
If the LH surge is not detected and Peak is not displayed you may see more High days than expected. This can be as many as 19 days. If this happens it is unlikely that you are fertile for the whole of this time. It is important to continue to test as requested by the monitor.
My monitor displayed Low for the entire cycle. Why is this?
The monitor did not detect changes in estrogen or LH during this cycle. There are a number of possible reasons for this, e.g. a test may have been missed or not done correctly, or you may not have ovulated this cycle. It may also be that you did not set a new cycle. Remember that if your period starts then you will need to set a new cycle each time so the monitor knows a new cycle has started.
If you only see Low for 3 cycles you should see your doctor.
My monitor went straight from Low to Peak? Why is this?
This might happen occasionally, e.g. if the rise in estrogen is not detected before the LH surge (Peak), if you miss a test, do one or more incorrectly, or if you have a short cycle following a long cycle.
What type of batteries should I use?
It is very important to use AA alkaline (LR6) 1.5v batteries. If you do not there is a risk the information stored on your monitor will be lost. Do not use rechargeable batteries.
Can I lose the information stored in my monitor?
The monitor depends on a constant supply of battery power. So it is very important to replace the batteries when the monitor asks you to. If the batteries are about to run out, the monitor will switch itself off to protect your information. But, if the batteries are not replaced straight away and the monitor is left without power an error will occur and your information will be lost. You will be unable to use your monitor until you replace the batteries and reprogram it.
Pregnancy Testing Question - Can any medication or medical conditions affect my pregnancy test result?
- Always read the manufacturer’s instructions for any medication you are taking before conducting the test
- Fertility drugs containing hCG can give misleading results (these fertility drugs are usually given by injection, and testing too soon after administration may give a false ‘Pregnant’ result).
- Other fertility therapies (such as clomiphene citrate), painkillers and hormonal contraceptives (e.g. contraceptive pills) should not affect the pregnancy test result
- If you have recently stopped taking hormonal contraception or are using fertility therapies like clomiphene citrate, your periods may be irregular, leading you to test too soon
- If you have recently been pregnant (even if not carried to full term) you may get a false ‘Pregnant’ result
- Ectopic pregnancy, ovarian cysts, menopause and some very rare medical conditions can give misleading results
- If you have a ‘Pregnant’ result it is possible that you later find that you are not pregnant due to natural loss of the pregnancy which can occur in the early stages
- If you do get unexpected results you should discuss them with your doctor
This information is relevant only to the pregnancy test results. See page 3 of the full instructions (download here) to check what medication or medical conditions affect the fertility test results.
Pregnancy Testing Question - The monitor is indicating that my period is due, but I know my cycle isn’t 28 days. Can I rely on this information?
The monitor provides an estimate of your period due date using information it has available, e.g. when your Peak days were or previous cycle details. If this information is not available it works it out based on a 28-day cycle. This is only estimation. If you know your cycle is not normally 28 days you can test for pregnancy when you think your period is due. If you test when your period is due and get a ‘Not Pregnant’ result, test again in 3 days. If this is still ‘Not Pregnant’ and your period has not started you should consult your doctor.
Take our questionnaire to see why our Advanced Fertility Monitor is right for you
- 1 In the first 2 cycles of use. Robinson JE., et al. Fertility & Sterility (2007) 87: 329-334
- 2 Clearblue recommends that you test from the day your period is due. However, the pregnancy hormone increases rapidly in early pregnancy and Clearblue can be used to test up to 3 days before your period is due. In clinical testing with early pregnancy samples Clearblue gave the following results: 74% of women received a ‘Pregnant’ result 3 days early, 91% of women 2 days early, 96% of women 1 day early. If you test early and get a ‘Not Pregnant’ result it is possible that the level of pregnancy hormone may not yet be high enough to be detected. You should test again when your period is due.