When you want to know if you’re pregnant waiting to test can be hard. That’s why Clearblue Early Detection Pregnancy Test can be used up to 6 days before your missed period, which is 5 days before the day you would expect your period to start (your expected period).1
Can test 6 days early
Clearblue® Early Detection is our most sensitive test meaning you can test up to 6 days before your missed period (which is 5 days before your expected period).
Read more about early pregnancy testing.
Over 99% Accurate
From the day of your expected period.
Easy to use
Clearblue features an ergonomic design, including a longer, curved stick, and wide colour-changing tip.
Unique Floodguard™ Technology
Our unique Floodguard™ Technology, which helps reduce the No.1 reported cause of user error2 and makes testing easier.
Easy to read results
Clear and simple result layout; 2 lines if you’re pregnant, 1 line if you’re not pregnant.3
More product views
What do other people think ?
"I have used Clearblue Pregnancy Test. Very good product, I have been satisfied, a good experience. As soon as I did used the test the sign came straight away. Very quick and explanation was clear".
How to use Clearblue Early Detection Pregnancy Test
1. When to test
- Test up to 6 days before your missed period, which is 5 days before your expected period see Q3.
- If testing before your expected period, use the first urine of the day. Otherwise you can test any time of the day.
- Don't drink lots of liquid before taking the test.
2. Take the test
Remove the foil wrapper and take off the cap. Use the test stick straight away.
CHOOSE YOUR TESTING METHOD
- IMPORTANT: The colour change tip will instantly turn pink showing that urine is being absorbed.
A) Hold the colour change tip in your urine stream for a full 5 seconds.
B) Completely immerse the tip only in a sample of your urine collected in a clean, dry container for a full 20 seconds.
- If the colour change tip does not turn completely pink, see Q7.
- Replace the cap and lay the test stick flat.
- Start timing.
WAIT 3 MINUTES Before reading your result.
3. Read your result
A line in the control window may start to appear quickly but you MUST wait 3 minutes before reading your result. If you don’t see a blue line in the control window the test has not worked (see Q8).
- If your result is ‘Not Pregnant’, see Q4.
- If your result is ‘Pregnant’, see Q3.
- If you are still unsure of your result, see Q9.
IMPORTANT! Read your result within 10 minutes of doing a test. Disregard any changes to your result after this time.
Frequently asked questions
How does Clearblue Early Detection Pregnancy Test work?
When can I test with Clearblue Early Detection Pregnancy Test?
You can test up to 6 days before your missed period, which is 5 days before your expected period. If you test before your expected period and get a ‘Not Pregnant’ result, there is still a chance that you may be pregnant. See chart below for results of clinical testing with early pregnancy samples.
Number of days before the expected period
% of samples from pregnant women giving a pregnant result
My test says I’m ‘Pregnant’. What should I do?
My test says I’m ‘Not Pregnant’ but I still think I may. What should I do?
I previously tested ‘Pregnant’ but have tested again and got a ‘Not Pregnant’ result, or my period has started. What does this mean?
Can any medication or medical conditions affect the result?
When I used the test the colour change tip did not turn completely pink. What should I do?
I have taken the test but no blue line has appeared in the control window. What should I do?
If it is more than 10 minutes since you took the test, then the test has not worked. This may be because:
- The colour change tip was not kept pointing downwards or the test stick was not laid flat after urine was applied.
- Too much or too little urine was used.
Test again, using a new test stick, taking care to follow the instructions. You may wish to collect a sample of urine and test using the ‘Collected Sample’ method.
What if I am unsure of my result?
Refer to images in ‘Read your result’ section.
PICTURE A Your result is ‘Not Pregnant’. If you still think you might be pregnant, see Q4.
Pictures B-D Your result is ‘Pregnant’. The appearance of the line in the result window may vary, however, it is still a ‘Pregnant’ result no matter how faint or dark it is.
Picture B: This is more likely when you are testing before your period is expected when your hCG levels may be relatively low.
Picture C: This is not unusual when you are testing on or around the day your period is expected.
Picture D: This is more likely to occur when you are testing more than a few days after your period was expected as hCG levels are higher.
If you are still unsure of your result, you should wait at least 3 days before testing again, taking care to follow instructions.
- 1. 'Missed period' refers to the day after your expected period. In 79% of the samples tested in a lab study, pregnancy was detected 6 days before the missed period (which is 5 days before the expected period). Always read leaflet.
- 2. Vs our previous visual test design. Based on calls to helpline throughout 2010 and 2014. 3 Two blue lines is a pregnant results (even if either line is faint). Results may vary.