• When your LH surge is first detected, the test will display a static smiley face and this will continue to be displayed constantly for 48 hours, indicating your 2 most fertile days.
• You cannot do another test while Peak Fertility is shown on the display as the holder will not be able to read it. You can save any remaining test sticks to use in a future cycle if needed.
• Don’t remove the batteries to try to reset the holder, if you do this you will break the holder and you won’t be able to use it again
• There are enough test sticks in this pack for most women with regular cycles to detect their High and Peak Fertility. It is possible that if your cycle length is long or it varies, you may need to do more tests. You should use the same holder with test sticks from a new pack.
• Some women may not see High Fertility days but see Peak Fertility days only. This may be because the estrogen level is not high enough to be detected by the test, or they started testing too late. Peak Fertility results can still be relied upon and having sex on these days maximises your chance of getting pregnant
- Hormone levels and cycle length vary from one woman to another and from cycle to cycle in the same woman. The number of fertile days displayed each cycle will be personal to you and some women will have more, or less than 4. In a study of 87 women, this is what we observed:
Number of High Fertility days before Peak Fertility Number of Women 0-4 57 (66%) 5-9 22 (25%) 10+ 1 (1%) No Peak Fertility detected after High Fertility 7 (8%) TOTAL 87 (100%)
• When the test detects a rise in your level of estrogen it displays High Fertility (flashing smiley face), and will continue to display High Fertility in the following days whilst it looks for your LH surge.
• If you start testing too early in your cycle or too late (after the LH surge has occurred) then you may see a lot of High Fertility days.
• If you started testing on the correct day for your usual cycle length and you see 9 or more days of High Fertility, it is unlikely that you will see Peak Fertility in this cycle. You may wish to stop testing for this cycle and save any remaining tests for next cycle.
• Occasionally some women have an LH surge that is too low for the test to detect, or they do not ovulate during a cycle and in this case they may see lots of High Fertility days but no Peak Fertility. This is not unusual and may happen in approximately 8% of cycles.
• If you don’t see Peak Fertility for 3 consecutive cycles we recommend you discuss this with your doctor.
• Remember, your results are personal to you and you may see more than 2 High Fertility days – see table in Q3.
For your High fertility results to be reliable it is important to only test once a day using the urine after your longest sleep.
After your first day of High Fertility is displayed, and the test starts looking for your LH surge, you can test more frequently if you would like to, but avoid excess fluid intake before testing.
Yes, the test reads your individual hormone levels and on the first day you test in each cycle the level of estrogen will be identified. The test cannot display High Fertility on the first day you test as it needs to determine your baseline level. Subsequent tests use this baseline level and when a significant rise in estrogen is detected it will display High Fertility. The test will then display High Fertility until it detects the LH surge and Peak Fertility is displayed. If an LH surge is detected on the first day of testing, Peak Fertility will be displayed.
Always read the manufacturer’s instructions for any medication that you are taking before doing a test.
Certain medical conditions and medications can give misleading results, for example:
• you are pregnant.
• you have recently been pregnant.
• you have reached the menopause.
• you have impaired liver or kidney function.
• you have polycystic ovarian syndrome.
• if you are taking fertility drugs containing luteinising hormone or human Chorionic Gonadotrophin.
• you are taking antibiotics containing tetracyclines.
• some fertility treatments such as clomiphene citrate may give misleading High Fertility results. Peak Fertility results should be unaffected.
If you have recently been pregnant you should wait until you have had 2 natural menstrual cycles and note how long these are before using Clearblue® Advanced Digital Ovulation Test. Please check with your doctor if you are taking any medication or have any medical condition before planning a pregnancy.
If you have a medically diagnosed fertility problem you should ask your doctor if Clearblue® Advanced Digital is suitable for you.
I have put in a new Clearblue® Advanced Digital Ovulation Test Stick and these symbols have flashed on the display. What does it mean?
This means that the holder is ready to use for the first time. It will also be displayed if you are testing after you have seen Peak Fertility or if you have not done a test for 3 or more days in a row. If you have missed 3 or more tests and not seen Peak Fertility the holder will think you are testing for the first time. If you carry on testing it might not detect High or Peak Fertility. It is better to wait for your next cycle to start testing again.
My cycle length varies, when should I start testing using Clearblue® Advanced Digital Ovulation Test?
If your cycle length varies use the shortest cycle over the last 6 to work out when to start testing.
You should test as soon as you can but avoid drinking a large amount of liquid beforehand. If you do not use the first urine after your longest sleep you may see unexpected High Fertility results so it is important that you remember to use the first urine after your longest sleep.
Can I buy more Clearblue® Advanced Digital Ovulation Test test sticks or use the holder with test sticks from any other product?
No. Test sticks are not available separately. You can only use test sticks for the Clearblue® Advanced Digital Ovulation Test with the holder.
A laboratory test has shown the test to be over 99% accurate in detecting the LH surge (Peak Fertility).2
Advanced Digital Ovulation Test
In every cycle there are only a few days when a woman can conceive, so having sex on these days is very important if you are trying to get pregnant. The Clearblue® Advanced Digital Ovulation Test is the first and ONLY test that typically identifies 4 or more fertile days each cycle.
Digital Ovulation Test: pinpoints your 2 most fertile days
In every cycle there are only a few days when a woman can conceive, so having sex on these days is very important if you are trying to get pregnant.