We are aware of videos circulating about Clearblue pregnancy tests and the tablet found inside.
Clearblue pregnancy tests do NOT contain the morning after pill.
All our tests contain a small desiccant tablet which is included to absorb moisture and should not be eaten.
If accidentally swallowed please seek medical advice and for any further questions contact our careline at 0800-917-2710.
Even if you've done one before, taking a pregnancy test is a very emotional time - you can feel a real mixture of conflicting emotions, ranging from nervousness to anticipation which can make for a pretty stressful experience. Those few minutes of waiting for your pregnancy test result can feel like the longest of your life, and time seemingly stands still.
Clearblue Digital Early Detection is the only pregnancy test which reassures you from start to finish. With its robust, extra wide tip, integrated unique Smart Countdown to your result and clear digital ‘Pregnant’ or ‘Not Pregnant’ result in words you will be reassured right up until your result.
Unique Smart Countdown
The only home pregnancy test that reassures from start to finish, showing that the pregnancy test is working correctly and counting down to the result.
Over 99% accurate
From the day of your expected period.
Unmistakably Clear Digital Results
Forget the confusing test results. Clearblue gives a Digital ‘Pregnant’ or ‘Not Pregnant’ result in words.
Can Test 5 Days Early
So sensitive you can test up to 5 days before your missed period1.
More product views
How to use Clearblue Digital Early Detection
1. Before you begin
Please always read the instruction leaflet carefully before use.
2. When to take a pregnancy test?
If you’re testing for pregnancy from the day of your expected period, you can test at any time of the day. If you’re testing early, use the first urine of the day.
When you’re ready to test, remove the digital pregnancy test stick from the foil wrapper and take off the blue cap. Use the test straight away.
3. Doing the test
Place the absorbent tip pointing downwards in your urine stream for 5 seconds only; or instead, you can collect a sample of your urine in a clean, dry container then place the absorbent tip pointing downwards in your urine for 20 seconds only. You may wish to replace the cap and lay the test stick flat.
The Smart Countdown will now be shown on the display so you know the test is working. Each segment will appear in sequence to show the test is progressing.
4. Read your result
Your result will appear within 3 minutes, and some results may be shown in as little as 1 minute – the Smart Countdown will progress more quickly in this case.
A ‘Pregnant’ (positive) result will remain on the display for up to 6 months.
A ‘Not Pregnant’ (negative) result will remain on the display for approximately 24 hours.
Frequently asked questions
How accurate is Clearblue Digital Early Detection Pregnancy Test?
Clearblue Digital Early Detection is more than 99% accurate in laboratory tests, when used from the day you expect your period.
How soon can I take Clearblue Digital Early Detection?
The pregnancy hormone increases rapidly in early pregnancy and Clearblue Digital Early Detection can be used to test up to 5 days before your missed period (which is 4 days before your expected period). In lab testing with early pregnancy samples Clearblue Digital Early Detection gave the following results:
Number of days before the expected period
% of samples from pregnant women
- If you have irregular cycles, you should allow for your longest cycle in recent months before testing.
- If you have no idea when your period is due, we recommend testing at least 19 days after the last time you had unprotected sex.
- If you are testing early (before you expect your period to start), we recommend you test with the first urine of the day; otherwise you can test whenever you need to pass urine. Don’t drink lots of liquid before testing.
How does Clearblue Digital Early Detection work?
When you are pregnant, your body produces the pregnancy hormone hCG (human Chorionic Gonadotropin). The level of hCG in your body increases in the early stages of pregnancy. Clearblue Digital Early Detection can detect tiny amounts of this hormone in your urine (the sensitivity of this test is 25mIU/ml).
Can any medication or medical conditions affect the pregnancy test result?
- Always read the manufacturer’s instructions for any medication you are taking before conducting the pregnancy test.
- Fertility drugs containing hCG can give misleading results. These fertility drugs are usually given by injection and testing too soon after administration may give a false ‘Pregnant’ result.
- Other fertility therapies, painkillers and hormonal contraceptives (e.g. birth control pills) are unlikely to affect the pregnancy test results. However, if you have recently stopped taking hormonal contraception or are using fertility therapies, your periods may be irregular, leading you to test too soon.
- If you have recently been pregnant (even if you did not carry to full-term) you may get a false positive ‘Pregnant’ result.
- Ectopic pregnancy, ovarian cysts, menopause and some very rare medical conditions can give misleading results.
If you do get unexpected test results you should discuss them with your doctor.
I previously tested ‘Pregnant’ but have tested again and got a ‘Not Pregnant’ result, or my period has started. What does this mean?
It is possible to get a pregnant result and later find out that you are no longer pregnant (i.e., you may later get a not pregnant result, or your period may start). This is called early pregnancy loss, which is sadly not uncommon, affecting around 1 in 4 pregnancies. Happily, most women can go on to have a healthy pregnancy afterwards. If you do get unexpected results, ask your doctor for advice.
The Smart Countdown went much faster that I expected, what does this mean?
Some test results can be displayed in as little as 1 minute. In such cases the Smart Countdown segments will appear more quickly.
My test says ‘Pregnant’ what should I do?
If you get a positive pregnancy test result you should see your doctor who can advise you on what steps you should take next.
My test says ‘Not Pregnant’ what should I do?
You may not be pregnant or the level of pregnancy hormone may not yet be high enough to be detected. Test again in three days’ time. If this test gives you a ‘Not Pregnant’ result and your period is late, see your doctor.
Results 6 days before your missed period
When you want to know if you’re pregnant waiting to test can be hard. That’s why Clearblue Ultra Early Pregnancy Test can be used up to 6 days before your missed period, which is 5 days before you expect your period to start.
79% of pregnant results can be detected 6 days before your missed period.
Accuracy when you need it most
No brand is more accurate: our Pregnancy Tests are over 99% accurate from the day you expect your period, for confidence when you need it most.
- Can be used 5 days before your missed period (which is 4 days before your expected period). In lab testing, 95% of pregnant results were detected the day before the expected period, 90% were detected 2 days before. 82% 3 days before and 51% 4 days before the expected period.