Accurate reading in early pregnancy with the only pregnancy test that counts down to your result
Even if you’ve done one before, taking a pregnancy test is a very emotional time - you can feel a real mixture of conflicting emotions, ranging from nervousness to anticipation which can make for a pretty stressful experience. Those few minutes of waiting for your pregnancy test result can feel like the longest of your life, and time seemingly stands still.
Clearblue DIGITAL Pregnancy Test with Smart Countdown is the only pregnancy test which reassures you from start to finish. With its robust, 50% wider sampling tip, integrated unique Smart Countdown to your result and clear Digital ‘Pregnant’ or ‘Not Pregnant’ results in words you will be reassured right up until your result.
Unique Smart Countdown
The only home pregnancy test that reassures from start to finish, showing that the pregnancy test is working correctly and counting down to the result.
Over 99% Accurate
From the day your period is due.
Unmistakably Clear Digital Results
Forget the confusing test results. Clearblue gives a Digital ‘Pregnant’ or ‘Not Pregnant’ result in words.
Can Test 5 Days Early
So sensitive you can test up to 5 days before your missed period*
Can be used directly in the urine stream and the 50% wider tip helps make using the test easier and more hygienic.
How to use Clearblue DIGITAL Pregnancy Test with Smart Countdown
Please always read the instruction leaflet carefully before use.
If you’re testing for pregnancy from the day of your expected period, you can test at any time of the day. If you’re testing early, use the first urine of the day*.
When you’re ready to test, remove the Digital pregnancy test stick from the foil wrapper and take off the blue cap. Use the test straight away.
Place the absorbent tip pointing downwards in your urine stream for 5 seconds only; or instead, you can collect a sample of your urine in a clean, dry container then place the absorbent tip pointing downwards in your urine for 20 seconds only. You may wish to replace the cap and lay the test stick flat.
The Smart Countdown will now be shown on the display so you know the test is working. Each segment will appear in sequence to show the test is progressing.
Your result will appear within 3 minutes, and some results may be shown in as little as 1 minute – the Smart Countdown will progress more quickly in this case.
A ‘Pregnant’ (positive) result will remain on the display for up to 6 months.
A ‘Not Pregnant’ (negative) result will remain on the display for approximately 24 hours.
Frequently asked questions
Clearblue Digital Pregnancy Test with Smart Countdown is more than 99% accurate in laboratory tests, when used from the day you expect your period to start. If you are testing earlier than the day of your expected period, the accuracy of Clearblue home pregnancy test will be lower (see Q2).
The pregnancy hormone increases rapidly in early pregnancy and Clearblue Digital Pregnancy Test with Smart Countdown can be used to test up to 5 days before your missed period (which is 4 days before your expected period). In lab testing with early pregnancy samples Clearblue Digital Pregnancy Test with Smart Countdown with early pregnancy samples.
Number of days before the expected period
% of samples from pregnant women
giving a 'Pregnant' result
- If you have irregular cycles, you should allow for your longest cycle in recent months before testing.
- If you have no idea when your period is due, we recommend testing at least 19 days after the last time you had unprotected sex.
- If you are testing early (before you expect your period to start), we recommend you test with the first urine of the day; otherwise you can test whenever you need to pass urine. Avoid excessive fluid intake before testing.
When you are pregnant, your body produces the pregnancy hormone hCG (human Chorionic Gonadotropin). The level of hCG in your body increases in the early stages of pregnancy. Clearblue Digital Pregnancy Test with Smart Countdown can detect tiny amounts of this hormone in your urine (The sensitivity of the Clearblue Test is 25mIU/ml, resulting in high accuracy).
• Always read the manufacturer’s instructions for any medication you are taking before conducting the pregnancy test.
• Fertility drugs containing hCG can give misleading results. These fertility drugs are usually given by injection and testing too soon after administration may give a false ‘Pregnant’ result.
• Other fertility therapies (such as Clomiphene Citrate), painkillers and hormonal contraceptives (e.g. birth control pills) are unlikely to affect the pregnancy test results. However, if you have recently stopped taking hormonal contraception or are using fertility therapies like Clomiphene Citrate, your periods may be irregular, leading you to test too soon.
• If you have recently been pregnant (even if you did not carry to full-term) you may get a false positive ‘Pregnant’ result.
• Ectopic pregnancy, ovarian cysts, menopause and some very rare medical conditions can give misleading results.
If you do get unexpected test results you should discuss them with your doctor.
5. I previously tested ‘Pregnant’ but have tested again and got a ‘Not Pregnant’ result, or my period has started. What does this mean?
Whilst the test is over 99% accurate at detecting the pregnancy hormone from the day of your expected period, it’s possible to get a pregnant result and find out later that you’re not pregnant (i.e., you may later get a not pregnant result, or your period may start). This may be due to natural loss during the early stages of pregnancy, known as ‘early pregnancy loss’, which sadly is not uncommon, as around 1 in 4 pregnancies end in early pregnancy loss. If you do get unexpected results, ask your doctor for advice.
Some test results can be displayed in as little as 1 minute. In such cases the Smart Countdown segments will appear more quickly.
If you get a positive pregnancy test result you should see your doctor who can advise you on what steps you should take next.
You may not be pregnant or the level of pregnancy hormone may not yet be high enough to be detected, or you may have miscalculated the day of your expected period. If you tested early, you might like to test for pregnancy again when your period is due. If you period is overdue, test again in 3 days’ time. If this test gives you a ‘Not Pregnant’ result and you still have not started your period, see your doctor.